What do I need to know?
You must provide a notice of your intent to vacate to our office by the date specified in your lease (according to the Oklahoma Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, certified mail is proper).
- Remove ALL personal belongings, do NOT leave trash or unwanted items in the unit or on the curb
- Pick up exterior trash (including animal waste)
- Clean appliances
Clean countertops (kitchen and bathrooms)
Clean sinks (kitchen and bathrooms)
Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
Dust blinds and window sills
Dust closet shelving
Wipe out cabinets (kitchen, pantry, utility, bathroom)
Clean floors-vacuum carpet (management will professionally clean and deduct the cost from your deposit), sweep and mop hard floors, sweep garage, sweep outdoor walkways and porches
Clean mirrors, windows, glass on doors
Leave utilities on for 2 days after the termination of your lease (not 2 days after you move out)
Do not dispose of furniture in dumpsters or by leaving it on the curb, you will be charged for this
Forward mail to your new address
Return all keys and garage door openers (if applicable) to the office at 621 S. Husband St. If items cannot be returned during normal office hours (9:00am-12:00pm, 1:00-5:00pm Monday-Friday, except Friday’s close at 3:00pm), call the office to make alternate arrangements.
- Range (inside, drip pans, burners, wipe down outside)
- Microwave (inside and outside)
- Refrigerator (inside-shelves, door shelves, drawers, under drawers, freezer, wipe down outside and top)
- Dishwasher (wipe out inside, wipe down outside)
- Washer/dryer, if applicable (wipe down outside)